Thursday, October 18, 2007

Today I am just an ordinary potato


A friend of mine challenged me last week to answer the question "where am I?" every day in a journal. It has been an interesting exercise so far but as with everything I write it always ends up with more of a dark chocolate taste rather than a lighter milk chocolate. Well instead of getting into the rut of blogging my mostly depressing thoughts I thought i would try a little harder and create the "POTATO HEAD SCALE!" Given the extreme diversity of Mr. Potato Head's costumes, I have found that there is a different Mr. Potato Head for just about every mood one could be in. So today I am just an ordinary potato, but if things go south today I might be apt to switch to "Darth Potato."
Kann and I are leaving the kids with her mom today and going to Peabody, Mass to the Eastern Regional Convention, it's gathering of Pastors and representatives from all of the different Advent Christian churches in New England, parts of New York and parts of Canada. I think it's mostly a Berkshire Christian College reunion, but we go anyway. After all going means two nights in a nice hotel with good friends and no kids! The downside is that I usually end up feeling a little bit more like a nameless storm trooper. I guess that's ok, but I hate being reminded that I am an officially non-ordained non-seminary grad college drop-out. Oh well, impressing those guys isn't in my job description. I'm bringing "Lappy" with me so maybe I'll get to post from the convention, maybe even from the hot tub! (where I'll prolly feel a little more like a boiled potato!)

0 comments: